Singapore national day lunch.

August 08, 2009


Accompanied my mother to Chinatown today to attend a Singapore national day lunch that was organized by Uncle San choo.

Check out my mother, who was decked out in a full red dress and a white cardigan. How patriotic.


We got there a little bit too early and we had to wait till all the guests had arrived.

At about 1pm, we all stood up and sang the national anthem, why I found that hiliarious, I don't know. I just did.

Lunch today was a buffet which included dishes like Hainanese chicken rice, chicken and lamb satay, chili crab, carrot cake, char kway tiao and some other dishes. I did not take any photos of the food because there was literally no space to move seeing as it was crowded and cramped. The food was really good though.

Well, happy birthday Singapore.


After we were done with lunch, we left the restaurant and you'd never guess what they did next.



Bet you didn't see this coming. Sorry the beginning was cut off. Apparently, I don't know how to use my phone. There was way more people than this, but yes, only a handful dared to do it. You don't understand how crowded Chinatown was. Everyone was staring at them, not knowing what was going on. My mum was in there somewhere, but she was hiding behind someone tall because she was embarrassed.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.