Lesson learnt.

August 04, 2010
The next time you're expecting someone in town, make sure you check to see if the flight has been confirmed or you'll suffer a fate like mine.

I have been looking forward to today for months now, seeing as it has been a long time since I last saw my mother. In fact, the last time I saw her was last December.

For 3 days now, I have been planning on the perfect surprise. I decided to tell her that I couldn't pick her up from the airport as I had to work, but obviously I wasn't and then I'd hide at a corner and jump on her from behind and then give her the wettest kiss she would have ever received in her life. But for my plan to work, I had to make sure that I wasn't late. I managed to board a train by 345pm. I finally arrived at the airport at half past 4 and was in for the biggest shock of my life. I looked up her flight on screen and thought that I saw wrong. It wrote that BA11 was due to arrive at 705pm but I was certain I saw last night that it would arrive here at 505pm. I'm pretty sure that I can differentiate from 1700 and 1900. I called Zacc to go online to double check for me and he confirmed it. FANFUCKENTASTIC. For the first time in my life, I was early but it was all for nothing.


I ended up sitting at the arrival gate like a loner for 2 whole hours, with absolutely nothing to do.

This is a breakdown of how I spent my 2 longest hours of my life:
-played some games on my phone for 30 minutes and then panicked when it dropped to 49%
-took a long slow walk around the departure hall which only lasted 7 minutes
-went to cheers to get myself a magazine, a drink and some chocolates
-read every single line of every single page ( when normally it takes me 5 minutes to scan through a magazine )

Finally, after all of the above, my mother finally called me to tell me that she had landed. My reply was "Oh no, I was thinking why you didn't call me", when I blatantly knew. After 20 minutes of receiving her phone call, I saw a lady dressed in pink so I quickly chose a corner to stand.  It took her another 10 minutes for her to get her baggage. I then saw her walk towards the exit and quickly stood there covering my face, hoping to do what I've been planning. But no, she had to look around and within seconds, she spotted me and started laughing. There goes my surprise.  You see, usually she walks briskly without taking notice of anything. But this time, JUST THIS TIME, she had to spot me. EPIC FAIL.

So anyways, it cost us $30 for the cab ride. My mum took a quick shower and we headed to heeren for dinner. We went to my favorite restaurant - waraku. It's been such a long time since the 3 of us had a meal together so this meal tasted exceptionally delicious.

Well, I'm really glad my mother got here safe and sound. I have her all to myself till 21st August. But yes, I have learnt my lesson.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.