Girls day out.

January 03, 2018
Having to live apart from my mother has proved difficult, so every second I get to spend with her is precious to me.


Today, we had a girly day out to central London.

We had a really late lunch at YO! that is located inside Selfridges.









After heading in and out of shops, we did end up with quite a bit of loot and with that, our last stop was Chinatown where my mum had to get a few things from the Chinese supermarket.

We then rushed to Marylebone to catch the train, which to our horror, was delayed. After about 30 minutes of staring at the board, we were finally instructed to head over to holding area A, which holds platform 1 & 2. We then had to stare at the screen for another 10 minutes before running over to platform 5 & 6, which was all the way over at the other side, and when I say run, I literally mean run. You would have thought this was it, but no, we had to camp there for another 15 minutes before we were made to run back to where we were originally waiting. Waited again for another 10 minutes and then was instructed to go back to platform 6 for the final time.

I'm so glad that I don't have to go through this crap in Singapore. I don't know what people here are complaining about to be honest. There are so many alternatives if the trains breakdown or are delayed. You can take the bus, flag a taxi or use grab/uber. Try living in central London where there are train strikes and major delays and the only way to work or back home is the train. Now that is what you call a pain.

Well, despite that crap, I am really thankful for the time I got to spend with my mum. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.