The eagle has landed.

April 08, 2017

I have been counting down to this moment for what felt like the longest time now. I'm not sure about you lot, but I am quite a mummy's girl and it's quite torturous to be live away from her. It bites even more that I only get to see her for 3 weeks in a year. ~T.T~

Well, I am going to shadow her for the next 3 weeks and make the most out of it.

I was almost late picking her up and it was all because of a a little drizzle. What is with people and a little bit of rain ? Can someone explain to me how it works ? I understand if it was a thunderstorm, but a drizzle ? C'mon guys !

I panicked even more when I received a text from my mum saying "I'm here". I had to tell her to take her time. Luckily for me, she was still no where in sight when I got to the arrival gate. And no, I did not leave the house late.

For years now, my mother has taken the same flight which arrives here at about 6ish and after a 14 hour flight, the first thing you'd want to do is take a shower to freshen up so by the time we head out to dinner, its close to 9pm. In the recent years though, she has swapped with an earlier flight which gets here slightly earlier at about 4pm, which is a way better option if you ask me.

Dinner today was to satisfy my mother's craving for chicken rice. In case you didn't already know, we have that as her first meal almost every year. She doesn't normally have cravings, except for that.

Chicken rice = Boon tong kee. My mum & I love it. I think that their chicken meat is extremely tender and the chicken skin is so smooth. Unfortunately, they only have steamed chicken, which isn't an issue for us as we love steamed chicken. I don't think I've ever ordered roasted chicken in my entire life. ^w^






Well, with our tummies filled, we are now going to play a round a mahjong.

Have a good weekend !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.