Taiwan 2015 - Day 2.

January 08, 2015


We had actually planned to wake up at 9am today, but we failed miserably as our k-sesh ended at 4am with an hour left which we had forfeited.

We started off the day with lunch at Din tai fung.

Here are photos of lunch.











Yes, I myself think that we had one too many xiao long baos, but they're my ultimate favorite ! Yum !

We then had coffee at some random cafe where I had one miserable macaron because I felt like it.


So today, we had 2 missions. One was to purchase a porter bag which we had reserved prior to our trip and the other, a chrome hearts cap which I have been eyeing on for quite sometime now.

Getting to Hankyu department store at Zhongxiang E road was easy peasy. We were in and out of there in no time.

Getting to chrome hearts on the other hand was a little bit of a problem. We decided to walk it there base on poor calculations and ended up walking for about an hour and a half. I guess the good thing is that we burnt off all the calories we took in from this afternoon's lunch ?

When we finally got there, I got all excited. I didn't mind paying $400+ for a cap, but to my horror, they didn't carry the one that I wanted.

The only thing I got out of chrome hearts today ? - A photo.


As we were leaving, we saw honey creme just across the street with not a single soul in sight. I have always wanted to try it back in Singapore, but the queue was always horrendously long.

I had wanted to try the cotton candy affogato after seeing a video on facebook, but sadly, they had run out of cotton candy.


Well, at least I finally got a taste of it, right ?

As it was still early, we decided to walk around the area for a little bit and we decided to make a pit stop at another random cafe.


We took a taxi to Shida night market shortly after to do some shopping. I was hoping to do lots of shopping there, but we picked the wrong season to come to be honest. It was winter, so obviously it was mostly winter wear up from grabs. Like duh ?

We took a quick bite before attempting more shopping.



This is by far one the best oyster omelette I have ever eaten in my life !

After combing the whole of Shida night market, without any success of much shopping, we headed back to our hotel.

Well, at least I have now added to my bag collection.


As it was Xiang's birthday, we decided to get him a cake and a bottle of booze to celebrate it when midnight hit. It was a little bit hard trying to hide the cake and booze we bought as we didn't go seperate ways. But thankfully, he didn't suspect anything !

Happy birthday Xiang !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.